Skip to content
Scroll To Top
- The opening events of Christ’s public ministry include John the Baptist’s ministry, Christ’s baptism, and Christ’s testing.
- Scripture: Matthew 3:1-4:11; Mark 1:1-13; Luke 3:1-4:13; John 1:19-2:12.
- The first miracle was at the wedding in Cana. At the first Passover time He cleansed the temple, predicted His death, talked with Nicodemus, and spoke of eternal life (John 2-3).
- He left Jerusalem and began His long ministry in Galilee. Capernaum was His home base for about 21 months (Luke 4:16-30). His Galilean ministry had three parts.
- Before choosing the twelve.
- From choosing the twelve until He left Capernaum for northern Galilee.
- From His withdrawal into northern Galilee until He left Galilee for Jerusalem.
- He finally left Galilee and went through Perea and on to Jerusalem. He then went back to Perea for a few days before His final week.
- Matthew 19:1-20:34; 26:6-13; Mark 10:1-52; 14:3-9; Luke 9:51-19:28; John 9:1-12:11.
- His passion week.
- Matthew 21-27; Mark 11-15; Luke 19-23; John 12-19.
- The resurrection.
- Matthew 28; Mark 16; Luke 24; John 20.