- An angel rolled away the stone from Jesus’ tomb before sunrise (Matthew 28:2-4).
- Women who followed Jesus visited Jesus’ tomb and discovered Him missing (Matthew 28:1; Mark 16:1-4; Luke 24:1-3; John 20:1).
- Mary Magdalene left to tell Peter and John (John 20:1-2).
- The other women, remaining at the tomb, saw two angels who told them about the Resurrection (Matthew 28:5-7; Mark 16:5-7; Luke 24:4-8).
- Peter and John visited Jesus’ tomb (Luke 24:12; John 20:3-10).
- Mary Magdalene returned to the tomb and Jesus appeared to her alone in the garden (Mark 16:9-11; John 20:11-18): His first appearance.
- Jesus appeared to the other women (Mary, mother of James, Salome, and Joanna) (Matthew 28:8-10): His second appearance.
- Those who guarded Jesus’ tomb reported to the religious rulers how the angel rolled away the stone. They were then bribed (Matthew 28:11-15).
- Jesus appeared to Peter (1 Corinthians 15:5): His third appearance.
- Jesus appeared to two men on the road to Emmaus (Mark 16:12-13; Luke 24:13-32): His fourth appearance.
- The two disciples from Emmaus told others they saw Jesus (Luke 24:33-35).
- Jesus appeared to 10 apostles, with Thomas absent, in the Upper Room (Luke 24:36-43; John 20:19-25): His fifth appearance.
The Following Sunday
- Jesus appeared to the 11 Apostles, including Thomas, and Thomas believed (John 20:26-28): His sixth appearance.
The Following 32 Days
- Jesus appeared to seven disciples by the Sea of Galilee and performed a miracle of fish (John 21:1-14): His seventh appearance.
- Jesus appeared to 500 (Including the Eleven) at a mountain in Galilee (Matthew 28:16-20; Mark 16:15-18; 1 Corinthians 15:6): His eighth appearance.
- Jesus appeared to His half-brother James (1 Corinthians 15:7): His ninth appearance.
- At Jerusalem Jesus appeared again to His disciples (Luke 24:44-49; Acts 1:3-8): His tenth appearance.
- On the Mount of Olives Jesus ascended into heaven while the disciples watched (Mark 16:19-20; Luke 24:50-53; Acts 1:9-12).
Reference: Bible Knowledge Commentary-New Testament. Louis A. Barbieri. Jr John Walvoord and Roy Zuck, Editors. Page 91.